Best Homemade Beauty Products: Recipes
Fair Ivy receives tons of submissions each week from artists and handmade businesses, looking to get their products featured as one of our monthly surprise packages. We thoroughly enjoy perusing each and every submission, and have found that over the years we’ve gotten very familiar with handmade and homemade beauty products. And now we’re hooked!If you aren’t a subscriber to Fair Ivy’s handmade surprise packages, you still may be interested in buying or making some handmade or homemade beauty products on your own. And we’re here to help! One of our absolute favorite creators of handmade beauty products is Mickey Cho from Fabled Soap Co. She’s been a featured artist with her gorgeous soaps on Fair Ivy both in August 2013 and October 2013, and we’re sure she’ll be showing up a ton more. However, she doesn’t just make soap and lip balm. Check out these wonderful homemade beauty products she creates: Alright, enough of our gushing about how much we love Fabled Soap Co—onto some recipes!
Our favorite homemade beauty products recipe sites:
- The Daily Green: This lists 10 different types of homemade beauty products and the recipes to make them!
- Refinery29: This site focuses on the thrifty aspect of homemade beauty products—it’s true, they can be really cost-effective!
- Babble: List of recipes, with great photos
- Keeper of the Home: Along with recipes for what ingredients to use, this page tells you what ingredients you should specifically AVOID using. Very helpful!
- Wellness Mama: With just 7 ingredients, make 20+ different items!